Thanksgiving was awesome. Jay and I went to my mom's house in Ohio- and drove there for the first time. It was a 7 hour drive, but it wasn't too bad. It was worth it to not have to spend the money on plane tickets! The weekend was relaxing, and everything Thanksgiving should be. I really miss having my mom around all the time. We were both very sad to leave.
Going back to "real life" after holidays is the worst. Jay and I are both getting sick, which didn't help us get up this morning either. And then I got pulled over on the way to work today. (Oops!!) For some reason, I have a huge issue with school zones. I dont know why! I almost always get the scary feirce whistle blown at me and the demeaning "finger point" by the crossing guard every time I go through one. I guess I just zone out when I drive and I don't notice its a school zone until I hear the whistle. Well today, lucky for me, there was a cop driving the opposite direction when I flew through a school zone by my work at 30 miles per hour. Needless to say, I got pulled over and got this huge lecture that I should be going to jail, etc. At least I didn't get a ticket!
3 comments:
wow..somehow my awesome powers of geography did not realize that tennessee and ohio could really be only 7 hours away from each other. i'm going to have to go stare at a map now.
LOL, jail? If he thought it was really that serious he'd have given you a ticket! I love cops. I got pulled over too last week. "Speeding in a construction zone"...I didn't realize orange cones constituted construction...aren't people supposed to actually be working?! I got a lecture too...but no ticket, so hey, yay for us! I love you!
it's times like these were i think to myself, "What would Ben Amos have to say about this?" haha...
Post a Comment