11.06.2007

I'm addicted.

I realized that I'm addicted to "newness". Not exactly new THINGS, not exactly CHANGE, but newness. Whether its having new things, a new job, a life change, whatever...I'm addicted. I think thats where I get my drive from. I am always looking to the future because I'm always craving new changes. Whether its something as small as adding an application on my facebook (yeah... I'm a loser!)or moving across the country to purse grad school, I have to constantly be changing something, or I'm unhappy. My worst fear is to be in a rut...without having anything to work for, or look forward to.

I need to strive to find the peace to be happy, with where I am and what I have. I know its something I need to pray about, and let God work on me. I don't think it is always a bad thing (i.e. being driven in my future, career plans and grad school plans is not necessarily a bad thing) but I need to learn to let go, let God, and be happy with where I am.

I think it might be easier said than done.

No comments: