Jay is in Boston this weekend. He is having am amazing weekend, and I am having a not-so-amazing weekend. Figures!
Jay's weekend has been filled with amazing restaurants, family, friends and relaxation. Not to mention that he gets to soothe his homesickness, if only for a weekend.
I, on the other hand, have taken Trot to the vet twice (for two different problems, involving 4 different medications and over $350 dollars....), my digital camera broke (if you have seen how many facebook albums I have, you know how big of a problem this is for me), and of course, I have no plans and am sitting bored in the apartment.
After Trot threw up all over his bedding last night (I was up with him for about an hour in the middle of the night), I decided to put a load of wash in the washing machine. About a half hour later, the kitchen floor was filled with water. Great. Another expensive problem to fix.
This morning, I had a guy come over to tune the piano. (I am starting to give piano lessons next week and our piano is in shambles.) He did a great job, but of course Trot decided to poop right in front of him. I don't even know if he saw, but the smell was horrendous, and I was so embarrassed. Trot tends to do that at the worst times imaginable.
This afternoon, I thought I'd go to Wal-Mart, just to browse around, take my mind off of the weekend I'm having so far. Of course I go to the one in the ghetto part of town (one of the many) where there are only rude, foreigners that don't speak english everywhere. I go over to look at the digital cameras (just to look, we don't even come close to being able to afford one right now) and there is this kid who has decided that he wants to touch every single camera, even if I am standing right in front of it. I would go to the other end to look, and he would come over and squeeze in between me and the cameras. I finally sighed loudly and gave up and walked out of the store. It was way too crowded and I just wanted to go home.
But did I get home? No. In true Kara style, I took a wrong turn and ended up on the opposite side of the city. I eventually found my way to a highway, and an hour later I got home.
Its not really even the little annoying things that keep going wrong this weekend that is making it horrible for me. Its the fact that this is the first time that Jay and I have been apart since we've been living in Nashville. Its funny when you're married, and you don't realize how much you are dependent on the other person until they leave for a weekend or something. I don't like being alone, after being so used to having my best friend with me all the time.
But at least in MA I could call up one of my friends to hang out with while Jay's away. I miss them all so much. I talked to Meghan on the phone today about bridesmaid dresses, and I wanted more than anything to have been with her today while she went to look at them. I feel hopeless...and it makes me wonder why we moved here at all. Obviously there were reasons, and its not that I regret the decision, but its just hard. And especially when I find myself alone in a city that I don't know, with people I don't know, with a broken camera, sick dog, and broken washing machine.
On a GOOD note, I finally sent my applications yesterday. More on that when I'm in a better mood. Otherwise I'll just go off about how I'm not going to get in....
2 comments:
sorry babe. :(
Aww Karebear! I must say there are parts of that story that are rather humorous and in a few months you may find funny too. I was crying with laughter about Trot pooping! And, it is always hard to be in a new place. I give you guys a lot of credit for taking the risk and making a big move like that. If it makes you feel better, when we first moved to Merrimac I tried to take a "new" way home...I was ten miles from home...two hours later, I made it home. You are never alone! I love you!
Post a Comment