Wow...yesterday marked one year that Jay and I have been married. I can't believe it. I smiled as I looked back to what I was doing a year ago-I was so excited for my wedding, and was surrounded by friends and family. It was wonderful! This year I have so much more to celebrate, as I look back on the amazing, trying, difficult at times, rewarding year of marriage we've had. It has truly been a blessing, a learning experience and a humbling year for me, and I wouldn't change a second of it!
I have the best husband in the world, and I am soooo thankful.
Yesterday was probably an un-toppable anniversary. We are kind of low on cash flow, so we knew we couldn't do anything extravagant, but we had so much fun. We woke up, and exchanged cards/gifts-Jay gave me the sweetest card ever and two books that I've been wanting to read. He also got me season 2 of full house! I was really excited. Haha! I made him a DVD slideshow of our past year together.
After we slowly ate breakfast and took showers, we went to Gentry's Farm in Franklin, TN, which was a pumpkin farm. We walked down a nature trail, went through a hay maze and bought pumpkins to carve later. After walking through the Cool Springs Mall for a little while and going to Friday's for dinner, we finally went home for the big red sox game. During the game, we carved our pumpkins. I made mine into a cat and Jay made his a wierd mean face that is really funny. (I have pics on facebook FYI) We named them "Red" and "Sox." How cute.
So needless to say...the best anniversary gift was given when the Sox won the World Series for us! (At least for Jay!) It was a pretty amazing day. It made us even more bummed to have to start another work week, but it was nice to get away from reality for a day and enjoy each other's company while reflecting on the first year of marriage behind us.
1 comment:
i definitely immediately thought of you guys when they won. i hope every anniversary has such a nice present. :)
Post a Comment