10.26.2007

Oh, the Irony

Funny Story.

So, you know how you can tell if someone is not from Quincy, MA by the way they say "Quincy". I always would laugh at people when they pronounced it "Quin-see" instead of "Quin-zee" because NOBODY who actually knew of or lived in Quincy called it "Quin-see." Just the way it is.

There is a doctor who works here whose name is Quincy. I said his name to a co-worker today as "Quin-zee" and she promptly corrected me that it is pronouced "Quin-see."

I just smiled to myself, thinking "I think I know how to pronounce Quincy!!" But apparently this guy likes to say his own name wrong.

Oh well, suit yourself I guess!

2 comments:

emily said...

i totally know what you mean...there was a name of a something (a test for something, maybe?) in school this year named quincy...and since the prof said quin-see, i literally wrote it down as "quinsy", without the "c". later when i was reviewing my notes i thought it was funny...it probably is spelled "quincy"...just said wrong... :)

emily said...

i also knew a little boy named quincy pronounced quin-see. it bugged me at first.