10.05.2007

How did it get to be October?

Fall is really the only season I ever liked in New England...and I kind of miss it! It pretty much doesn't really exist here in Nashville...the trees changing pretty colors, the crisp air, apple picking, etc. The kids around here probably don't need to trick-or-treat in snowpants like my mom used to make me. Ha!

It really blows my mind that its already October...not just because of the weather, but because I can't believe how fast a year has flown by. This time last year, I was giddy with excitment that my wedding was THIS MONTH, and was getting ready to take a long vacation from work! Since then, I've gotten a dog, quit my jobs, gotten a new one, moved from Quincy to Duxbury to Nashville, been to a number of weddings and states, not to mention a lot of other small things. Its crazy how much can change in a year. And a scary thought to realize that the same amount could change in the next year. Don't get me wrong...I like change. I just feel like a lot of it has been happening in the past couple of years, and I think I'm ready for some consistency for a while.

1 comment:

emily said...

fall in ny isn't like fall in new england...i miss it too...