Last night James and Lauren finally tied the knot. I had the pleasure of coordinating the wedding (except for when the church coordinator from hell was there!) and was so glad to be a part of it. I don't think I have ever cried...no....BAWLED so much during a ceremony. I seriously had tears streaming down my face, to the point where Jay kept asking me what was wrong and I kept saying "Nothing! I'm just really happy!"
I just couldn't help but think of the road James and I have been down to lead us to this point in our lives. My friendship with him TRULY shows me how God works in our lives, and in situations that we can't see Him in at the time. I have never lived such a testament of His promises for us than I have through my friendship with James. When we "dated" (and I use that term loosely, since it was definitely a high school relationship and was over in the blink of an eye...haha) we had never even really met each other. It was so strange that we would be brought together, and when it was over, I gained an amazing friend in him. Our friendship grew over the years, and James became someone I could talk to about absolutely anything and everything. If I was in a bad mood, he could always cheer me up. When I went through bad boyfriends in college, he was always there. He has been a consistent friend through all of my ups and downs in life, and is like a brother to me. He has become one of my best friends, and it wasn't until recently that we realized how far God had brought us.
When I met Jay, he had been hurt before, and was really hesitant to enter into another relationship. All it took was one chat with James, who assured him I was and would always be faithful, for him to ask me out. Who knows if he would have pursued me if James hadn't talked to him!
When I met Lauren, I immediately thought of James. They had the same kind of humor, which isn't very common! When they finally hung out when Kim and I brought them together, I couldn't believe how instantly they clicked. I have never been so excited as I witnessed their amazing (but slow!) transformation from aquaintences, to two best friends who are madly in love. I couldn't ever imagine two people so perfect for each other, and I just burst with happiness that they found each other. I can't believe how God used my friendship with James to bring us both to our soul mates...to the ones who will love us and take care of us forever. Its truly amazing how everything happens for a reason!
Anyways, I had no intentions of leaving a sapfest on here, but I am just SO happy and SO blessed to witness God's presence in the marriage of James and Lauren. And I am so glad that now we live near one another! Its the first wedding in a long time that I haven't been that sad when its over, because I know I'll see them again in a week! They have been great friends to us since we've been here....our only friends so far....and its just been awesome.
Just awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment