8.24.2007

It hit me.

I knew the fact that I moved would hit me when I got home from Janelle's wedding...but wasn't prepared for the fact that it would hit me before I was even on the plane!

Being a bridesmaid is crazy. Because of this, I had all kinds of things in my purse that I didn't even think about removing due to the fact that we had to get up at 4am for our flight the next day. So as we were going through security, I got the head nod that they needed to check out my purse. He started pulling out all kinds of stuff I wasn't allowed to take on the plane...and as he pulled out 3 packs of sparklers and matches (Janelle and Bryan's favors...) my face turned red with embarrassment and as I tried to apologize and explain that I had been to a wedding, he started removing other things I wasn't supposed to have. You know, dangerous things like tide-to-go, nailpolish, and lipgloss. After he was done removing these entirely rediculous things for a girl to have in her purse and lecturing me as he was throwing them away, he put the sparklers and matches BACK in my purse, and told me to have a nice day.

WHAT?!?

Apparently matches and sparklers are A-OK to bring on a plane, but GOD FORBID if I have lipgloss and tide-to-go!!

Who are these people??

Anyways...back to the point of the story. As Jay and I were walking away from security, before he had even put on his shoes, I started to bawl uncontrollably. Baffled, he asked me what was wrong, and through sobs, I explained that I had paid a lot of money for that lipgloss when I got my makeup done on our wedding day, and I didn't even know what the color was so that I could get more. Poor Jay, not realizing that sometimes all girls need to set them off crying about something big is something very, very small, tried to calm me down, but I continued crying through the airport, as we were handing our tickets, through the airplane, and as I sat in my seat waiting for the plane to take off. It was not until then that I was able to explain to Jay that it had finally hit me that we were going HOME- not to Massachusetts, but to Nashville. And that all my friends, the ones who I felt like I was simply on a vacation from, would be in Massachusetts, very far away from where I would be. Something I have certainly known for a while...but I guess it takes your emotions a while to catch up with reality...

So, thats the story of how it hit me.

Oh, and I have a new job and a new apartment. More on those later :)

3 comments:

emily said...

that's so sad. and sort of funny. returning the matches and sparklers? weird....

Jen said...

I love you :)

MY love can stretch for MILES!!!!

Jesse E. Hunter said...

In Denver, they passed out baggies for all the girls to put their "toiletries" in. I had to give up my 7 oz. of toothpaste, but luckily my lipgloss was small enough! I fly a LOT so I'm used to the randomness. Nashville welcomes you, but I go with "home is where they love you." Sounds like you have several!