Which means now I have to tackle packing. *sigh*
Moving is stirring up so many emotions in me, its making me not able to sleep. I am SO excited...for so many reasons. My best friend and the man I love and I get to start on an adventure together- having only each other to rely on along the way. We will get to explore new things together, look for apartments/houses, figure out things together from where to buy our groceries to where to attend church. Our friendships with others will be tested- and I will pour my heart into those relationships which I wish to keep and simply back off from the ones I dont. I get to look for a new job-in whatever I feel led to do, we get to start over...together.
However, although we are not worried about our true friendships with others lasting, it will be sad nonetheless to leave those convenient ties behind. So often I take for granted that I can call almost all of my friends, and be to their house in 30 minutes or less if I want to. It will be very sad not being able to be included in things like birthday parties, group get-togethers and maybe even some wedding activities. I firmly trust in the bonds I have with most of my friends, and am ready for the extra work it is going to take to sustain those relationships from a distance. It is still sad though...to leave behind everything familiar and be on our own in a new place which might be scary at first.
There's also the slight guilt I feel for leaving the church and the teens....we poured our hearts into them....maybe even a little too much so...to the point where we didn't have time for ourselves and to nurse our new bond as husband and wife. This is both a reason why it is good we are leaving, and a reason why it is sad to leave them. We are so close to our teens, and we really love them and care about them. Luckily, they have already hired a new youth pastor, so we are relieved about that. We hope they will be in good hands! And we also hope nobody in the church thinks we're selfish for leaving, because sometimes I feel like we are.
I know all these feelings are okay, and most of them even healthy, but it makes me feel like such a girl. You know, an emotional train wreck. At this point I am just so ready to move on to our next stage of life, and I am so excited to strengthen bonds with both my husband and my friends through this experience.
I can't think of a closing zinger so thats going to have to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment