A couple of weeks ago, I coordinated my first wedding (of a non-friend). It was absolutely great. I couldn't help thinking, as I drove to the reception site in my black dress and sunglasses, ready to take charge, that I was born to do this! There were a few normal hitches, but overall, everything went really really well. I got along great with all the vendors (which is huge!) and the bride and groom profusely thanked me at the end of the night and even gave me a 50% tip! Haha. It was really great. I hope in Nashville I can continue doing this! I am doing Amy Lemieux's wedding on Saturday in Vermont too, so I'm excited about that since I leave for VT tomorrow!!
I've been shadowing a midwife this past week, which has also been amazing. Is it possible to feel like you were born to do 2 complely different occupations? At the same time? Haha. It has been awesome...she has totally solidified in my mind my definition of midwives, and validated my reasons for wanting to become one. On Monday, I saw my first live birth! It was amazing!! Incredible. I can't wait to start school. I feel like its so far away, but I know how fast a year can go.
Jay and I have been packing here and there, mostly preparing for our yard sale. (June 30th, if you want to come!!) It is kind of sad, as packing reminds me of unpacking when we were brand new newlyweds, into our first home. It will be sad to leave the first place we lived together, but it has to happen sometime. I just hope we don't have to live with my dad too long...
It is driving me NUTS not to be able to PLAN anything. I am sooo anally detail and future oriented that I am driving myself nuts. I keep trying to look up apartments, jobs, etc. but then my dad or Jay reminds me that I can't do either of those things until we get down there. Its still too early to find a job, and we want to make sure we live near our jobs, so its too early to find an apartment/condo (we havent decided yet what we can afford...) too. Its so annoying, but I'm trying to let go and let God.
I just took Trot to the vet for what I thought was ringworm...it was a bugbite. Haha. I am renouncing medicine as my life purpose.
1 comment:
hey babe, i'm sad you're packing before i even got to see your place...i'm back up here, which means i will need to see you. i have a wedding on sat, so i can't go to the yardsale, but if there's something i'd like...
Post a Comment