This morning I spent Carter's nap period not doing the dishes or planning my class for the fall like I was supposed to, but frantically googleing things like "what type of Christian religion are you quiz" and "what church do I belong to". Jay and I have been very wishy washy about church the last couple years because we haven't really felt like we identified with any of the ones around us. I DO believe in the beauty and necessity of having a faith community of some kind, however, I don't necessarily believe this has to take place at 11am every Sunday. We're working through that one currently.
Anyways, one of the quizzes I took this morning was called "What kind of Christian are you" and this was my result..
You are A Brian McLaren Christian
A.k.a. a Rob Bell, Phyllis Tickle, N.T. Wright, Tim Keller, Eugene Peterson Christian. You subscribe to Sojourners or Relevant...or, more likely, Rolling Stone, Paste and The Atlantic. (And maybe even Geez!) Your Christian history is rooted in St. Francis, who leads (through Gandhi) to Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King, Jr. You emphasize social justice as an element of God's kingdom. You might be "emergent" or "progressive," but you're probably post-evangelical.
...not surprising at all, but not exactly what I was searching for-why can't google just magically tell me what denomination EXACTLY fits my beliefs and then mapquest a church that is awesome and only .3 miles from where I live? Come on, internet. Don't let me down now.
...not surprising at all, but not exactly what I was searching for-why can't google just magically tell me what denomination EXACTLY fits my beliefs and then mapquest a church that is awesome and only .3 miles from where I live? Come on, internet. Don't let me down now.
1 comment:
If you get really brave, you can talk to Zack about your beliefs, he is pretty knowledgeable about what each denomination believes as a whole. On the other hand, we all have experienced local churches within the same denomination that express their beliefs in different ways.
Post a Comment