3.04.2012

Out and About...without baby!

Carter had his first evening away where we had to put him to bed somewhere else last night. I went to the melting pot for a birthday party with the girls while Jay and Carter went to hang out with the guys. I was nervous to not be in control of the situation since Jay was the one with Carter-its not at ALL that I don't trust him with Carter because I 100% do. But I have control issues and get nervous when I don't know what's going on! I'm trying to work on it-mainly by forcing myself to remove myself from the situation and relinquish control.

Anyways, he did REALLY well! Jay gave him a bottle and did his bedtime routine (1/2 feeding, diaper/sleeper change, 1/2 feeding, book, song, white noise) and put him to sleep in a pink bouncer (ha!). He said he fell asleep right away! When I got back there, I transferred him from bouncer to carseat to crib at home without him waking up at all! THEN, he proceeded to sleep until 7am!! He did wake up once around 3ish, but after Jay quickly soothed him back to sleep, he didn't wake up until he was hungry at 7. That was amazing, because he usually wakes up closer to 5 to eat for the first time.

He has good nights and bad nights with the sleeping...and I can't pinpoint anything that would predict whether it is a good or bad night, so I'm not sure why sometimes he sleeps well and sometimes he doesn't. I do feel that it has gotten a little bit better now-on average, he goes to bed at 8pm, wakes up once around 2-3ish where he is easily soothed back to sleep with a pacifier and a "shhh" and then he wakes up around 5-6 to eat, goes back to sleep and wakes up again between 8-9 to eat again. It would be great if he always did what he did last night and not wake up until 7 to eat, and then 10.

He still doesn't take 2 long naps, but I think thats normal for this age. He still wants to sleep for about 1/2 hr-45 min between each feeding. I tried to get him on a "nap schedule" for about 2 days, but quit because he wasn't having any of it. Ha! There's no keeping him awake-unless you want him to be super fussy. When he's tired, he's tired. So I've just been letting him sleep when he's tired and it seems to work fairly well. I think eventually his naps will get longer and farther apart. That will make life a  little easier I think.

No comments: