5.09.2008

Arrrrrghhhhhhhhhh

I just have to vent for a minute.

I was browsing some groups, (because I have nothing better to do....) trying to find some with some good intellectual conversations that involve members who do not feel that science and religion need to contradict. These are a few names of some groups I found during my search:

"Creation science-making evolution look stupid"

"Creation (God's children) vs. Evolution (charles darwin's worshippers)

"Its call creation not evolution" (yes, including the typo and all!)

"Creation rules, evolution drules" (again, not my typo!)

"Evolution is a scam, God is the real deal!"

"Students who believe in a creator God and not the silly idea of evolution"

"God created the world in 6 days. Evolution is asinine."

"Evolution, Schmevolution; I believe in GOD."


.....Really?

Honestly, sometimes I cringe just calling myself a Christian.


I don't care if you believe in 6 day creationism, or if you accept the scientific theory of evolution, or if you (like me) feel they can coexist and support one another.

Either way, don't be ignorant. Don't put others down who have differing opinions than your own.

I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't have titled these groups as such, or even made them at all.

End of rant. Thank you. :)

2 comments:

Melissa Marie said...

i like you.

Jesse E. Hunter said...

You are speaking my language. The first thing they teach in Anthropology is, "We are not out to debunk Religion. That's ridiculous. It's super-natural and we're here in the natural."

Thanks for being part of the elite group. Josh and I thought we were pretty much alone, save maybe Jess.