1.04.2008

Holiday Craziness

Well, the lack of posting recently should be a testament to the craziness that was the last couple of weeks. I had family come (and most of them stayed in my small apartment...) from all over the country to spend Christmas in Nashville, and the day after Christmas we all picked up and drove to South Carolina to see the rest of the family for ONE day before we turned around and returned to Nashville. Within an hour of getting home, Jay and I flew to Boston for the whirlwind New Years weekend.

It was my first time back in MA, and it was REALLY strange. I felt like I had never left. Because I was feeling bad enough about not spending Christmas with Jay's parents, (PLUS, they paid for our flights and rental car!!) I resolved to keep it on the DL that I would be in MA, so that I could spend that time with his family. I failed in that regard, and when word got out, I had so many calls to hang out that I felt like Alanis Morisette in that video where she's naked and is moving in slow motion while the rest of the world is zooming by her. Except I wasn't naked. Or at least I don't think so.

So anyways, it turned out that I got to see a lot of friends (albeit for an hour or less each) but then got frustrated that I didn't get to see some of the friends that I really wanted to see. Had I told people ahead of time, I probably could have worked it out, but things did not go the way I had envisioned or planned. *Sigh*. Oh well. Next time I go up there I want it to be primarily to see friends, so that I can actually plan for it and see everyone. Its WAY too hard to try to fit quality family time, and quality time with all of my friends still in MA into one weekend.

Other than that, being in MA made me pretty homesick. :( I really miss everyone. And I miss feeling comfortable in an area, and I miss our church. Sometimes I wonder why we left at all, but I know God is really teaching us a lot by our little "adventure" in Nashville.

No comments: