2.10.2012
Four Months Old!
Another fun month gone by with Carter. It is amazing how much he changes and grows every day. He smiles all the time and his laugh sounds like grunting! Its pretty funny. He loves to grab at and hold toys and look at books.
He is not yet on a nap schedule, and generally sleeps for 45 min-1 hour between most feedings in between awake/play times. Unfortunately, this month Carter has regressed a bit in his sleeping, waking up multiple times per night. Sometimes we can soothe him to sleep, but sometimes I have to feed him once or twice before we wake up in the morning. I think it is a combination of a growth spurt and possible teething. I know it is early for teeth, but his drooling has increased, he is always chewing on his hands (poor things are all chapped!), he is fussier than usual, plus the waking up at night. Later in the month, we started putting him to bed around 8:30pm which has actually helped him sleep longer and wake up less. It must be true that sleep begets sleep!
Carter went on his first plane ride to Nashville from January 14-18th. The idea of the plane ride was stressful for me, but luckily he did great, except for when I accidentally put him in his carrier incorrectly and he screamed while getting off the plane. Oops!
Carter was sick with a cold/croup cough this month, which is always scary and not fun for anyone. We also recognized that he has torticollis, which means the muscles on one side of his neck are tighter than the other side, making him tilt his head to the left. We've been trying to work on it with him, and will bring it up with the pediatrician at his 4 month visit to see if physical therapy is necessary. On February 1st I noticed a freckle/mole which appeared on his left knee which seemed like it appeared overnight!
On January 11th, Carter rolled to his right side for the first time, but hasn't done it since! He still prefers the left side. On January 13th he rolled to his stomach for the first time but then didn't do it again until February 4th. Now every time he is placed on his back he rolls to his belly! It is funny because he doesn't know how to roll back and since he hates being on his belly, he cries every time he rolls. We roll him back, then he rolls right back to his stomach and cries again. We have to put him up against the left side of the crib at night so he won't roll and wake us up every 5 minutes to be rolled back! He has been holding his head up and tolerating tummy time so much better this month. It will be no time before he is crawling!
Carter got his first haircut on February 1st-by mommy! He had a small patch of longer hair on the right side of his head and the top of his head that looked weird since the hair had fallen out everywhere else, so I just evened it up a bit. :) I think it looks much better!
On February 3rd at 9:19pm, Emma was born. I helped Meghan through her labor from 1:30am until Emma was born, which means I pumped every 3 hours at the hospital while daddy and Grammy watched Carter. They are only 3 days off from being the exact age difference between Meghan and I. I am excited for them to grow up together like Meghan and I did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment