This past month has been much different than the trying, learning experience that last month was. We finally feel like we are getting into the swing of things and are adjusting much more smoothly to our new role as parents. I've been able to go places with and without Carter on my own, which was too big of a production last month to handle. I took him to Kohl's with me once and while I was trying to strap him in the Ergo carrier in the parking lot, I realized I wasn't able to hook the back together by myself. I asked a lady walking by if she would help me, and she laughed and said "I've been there!"
Nursing is going really well now, I am still using the shield although he has latched a couple of times briefly without it. I am hopeful that I will be able to ditch it at some point in the next few months! He eats every 2-3 hours for 45 mins-1 hr at a time, which feels like it takes up most of my day.
At night, he has been wonderful, consistently sleeping around 6 hours! Usually I will feed him around 10 or 11pm, swaddle him, put on a noise machine, and then I put him down to sleep and without any soothing, rocking or anything he will go right to sleep. He'll usually wake up between 5-7am to eat, and I nurse him in the side-lying position while I doze off. When he's done, he goes right back to sleep again until between 8-10am. We are SO thankful that he is so good at night! It makes such a big difference in the whole day when we are able to get some sleep!
Carter had his one month appointment on Nov 17th, and the Nurse Practitioner we saw said that he was doing great and was in the 90th percentile for both weight and height! We celebrated Thanksgiving at Jay's parents' this month and he did great throughout the day, sleeping and eating and only fussing a little bit.
We are really enjoying when Carter smiles at us, it is the best!! We love watching him experience the world around him and learn new things. He is such a sweet, snuggly boy and we love him so much!
Milestones:
Holds head up while lying on tummy
Turns head toward voices
Smiles in response to faces and voices
Vocalizes, often saying "goo" and "ahh" sounds
Tracks objects with eyes
Sucks thumb when being held against chest
Bats at toys with hands, especially Lamaze giraffe
Puts partial weight on legs when held in standing position
Grasps objects but does not let go
No comments:
Post a Comment