9.22.2008

Can I take it back?

I start school on Wednesday. YIKES!

For SO long I have been working towards this. I studied hard (most of the time :-P) in college, did intense research into schools, took the GRE, visited schools, spent 3-4 months writing and perfecting essays, moved to Hermitage, moved to Nashville, moved to Mount Vernon, moved to Columbus, lived with both sets of my parents, got my immunizations, bought my equipment, took Pharmacology over the summer and made sure to get all my paperwork in.

For SO long, there has always been SOMETHING else on my list to do in preparation for all this, and now now....seriously....its time??

I am starting to panic a little bit. I have a bunch of friends in school...and lets just say I am NOT looking forward to being that busy again! In college, I was sooooo busy and I know this will be 100x worse.

I know that this is where I am supposed to be, and what I am supposed to do, and now all that stands in the way of my dream is 3 years of education. Exciting, right? Yes, but even so, 3 years of year-round schooling is quite overwhelming. Am I really ready for this??

I know I am just being ridiculous, and I hope once I get "into the swing of things" the panic that is seizing my heart starts to fade a little bit. I know it will. I suppose its just the anticipation of this new beginning....and the amazement that it is actually becoming a reality after SO much time and hard work! Here we go!!!

2 comments:

Melissa Marie said...

i think it's funny, because you are panicking, but we ALL know that sooner or later you (of all people) will perfect being a married, grad student. i have absolute faith in you. and i'm sure jay does as well. good luck! i love you!

emily said...

i got one teaser photo from kevin. and i'm not home yet, right now i'm in portland...soon going to go to ll bean! my husband likes outdoor stuff...you know..