3.19.2008

Last day in paradise...

This is it! This is my last day of work at Meharry Medical College, a.k.a. the most horrible place I have ever worked in my entire life. I can't even explain to you how good it feels to look around at the desk I've cleaned, my completely cleared out inbox and desktop of my computer, and know that whatever happens tomorrow, I won't be here to deal with it! Only 2 hours to go. It is very liberating, and has really put a feeling of hope inside me.

Now that I've dealt with the end of work, its time to deal with the packing and moving aspect...which as most of you know, is the not-so-fun part. Jim and Taryn are here to help out which is great, and I'm really not all that worried. It will get done, and Friday morning rain or shine, we will be on our way to the snowy skies of Mt. Vernon, Ohio.

As I sometimes do, I checked out what I wrote one year ago in my former xanga. What I found is very interesting and a little ironic. Little did I know what was going to come in the next year!


March 19, 2007
"So, I'm at work. Its Spring Break, so no one is here. Not too much to do...I've resorted to sorting MSDS's. (any science person knows how fun that can be!)

Its one of those times where I've been thinking about life a lot. Its such a strange thing. You are born, go through a bunch of highs and lows, and then you die. But every moment you live feels like the most important moment at the time, but looking back it seems so very small. It makes me wonder how much our every day decisions affect the world....and how we could be better spending our time. I feel like the world is filled with billions of people who walk around in their own little worlds, wondering whats next for them. How often do you see strangers, and in complete silence, no one interacts with each other? Everyone is so wrapped up in themselves that we fail to look at each person as another one of God's creations. There are so many of us packed into this country, but how many people do we actually interact with? I hate human nature and selfishness. But its nearly impossible to overcome! And even more impossible to change the world in the process.

I need something new....something different to experience....I am feeling stuck and comfortable, and I don't want to be. I want a change, a chance to leave my comfort zone and hear God's voice in a way I never allowed myself to before. "

No comments: