Anyone who knows me well knows that I am extremely plan-oriented and if my plans get changed at the last minute it takes me quite a while to adjust. This, of course, has always been my downfall in my relationship with God, as I usually try to prove to Him that I know better and that I don't trust Him when he tries desperately to lead me like a stubborn donkey. Moving to Nashville was hard enough, but at least I had the chance to PLAN for that. Now...moving to Ohio after living in Nashville for less than a year? Really, God?
My mom made a good point yesterday and said that we probably wouldn't have been as open to going to Ohio if we didn't come to Nashville first. Which is probably true. I guess we needed to live here a while to almost "soften the blow" in a way and open our hearts to the possibility of moving. I had to realize for myself that my starry-eyed view of Nashville and Vanderbilt before living here wasn't exactly accurate, and that yes, I really would survive if I didn't go to Vandy.
Living in Nashville has not been a waste either. After a year of being married, I finally felt like Jay and I were able to experience being "newlyweds" and all the good and the bad that comes along with that. When we were so busy in MA, we didn't even have time to experience that and adjust to married life. I almost felt like we missed out. So its been great for us as a couple to finally be able to experience that. We also learned to trust and rely on each other, which is something new to experience!
Jay also recognized his call to youth ministry while we were in Nashville, and gained some valuable job searching and interview skills. I learned what kind of jobs NOT to look for...and that I really am ready to go to school and become a nurse-midwife.
I think when the shock and overwhelmed feeling wears off, I will feel pretty happy about our decision.
Especially when my school bill is $60,000 less.....
1 comment:
I'm happy for you guys, as you look toward another new & exciting season (in Ohio!). This is also pretty inspiring to me because we'll be doing something quite similar in 2 years or so. :)
Post a Comment